« Home | Working Title Goes Here »

Bits and Bites

Think Ocean's Eleven meets Bobby Fischer. A brilliant, reclusive businessman must step in and navigate through a completely foreign high-stakes world where ambition, passion, jealousy and deception are the norm while the lives of those he loves hang in the balance. The poker fad helps me. The poker angle in the story is central enough to translate to that community. The Will Shortz movie was pretty big with the NPR crowd, that's really the group I anticipate finding ... the game players. Then there's the Wall Street / High Finance / insider group -- they'll find something crunchy in here too. Bridge players, obviously. That's a lot of book buyers. They're filming Oceans Thirteen, so there'll be more gambling/heist buzz, I can ride that wave into the offices of some publisher somewhere. Right? Standard disclaimer: I may fail. I know.