« Home | for love or money » | the universe is calling » | And Then There Were Two » | Advice From Kate » | Half Done » | Jacobs v Nickell » | Round of Four -- really, this time. I mean it. » | George in the NYT » | It's Raining » | Round of Eight »

Half Way Home

Can I just say I haven't yet been nervous about the outcome of this match? The first fifteen boards were pretty grim, nobody wants to be down 30-something to a good team. But George and Ralph went in strong and played lights-out for three straight sets. Some critical great decisions. The spectators all raved about your declarer play this afternoon, George. As far as I can tell, you're the favorite (of everybody rooting for you). The masses are all still rooting for Fred. I dunno, something about being the founder of the service that makes it all happen these days ... sentimental favorite ... :) So up a little with a full day of play behind us and a full day to come. Go George Go