« Home | Character Days » | Journal Days » | Dialect » | When I Look Back » | Time Management » | Men Who Walk Dogs » | When Anna Met Eleanor » | Bits and Bites » | Working Title Goes Here »

You've Been Warned

Though I intentionally avoid giving bridge hands in Keeping Score, because after all it isn't a bridge book -- just a book that takes place at a bridge tournament, I am still a bridge player and so love a conversation that starts "You hold...." So, Fridays'll be bridge hands day. Yummy. The hand I'm giving came up online this week. Partner got us to the right spot and should have been a hero ... I got it wrong. Playing IMPS, equal red, you hold: ATx AQx AQT9 Qxx You open 1D and hear 3C from partner. (Invitational, 6+ clubs) What's your call?

I'm going to bid 3 Hearts. I'm looking for slam in Clubs.
xoxo gj

Post a Comment